Just because today is Christmas don’t think nothing can happen. Here are a few things that have happened on December 25 over the years.
- In 800 Charlemagne was crowned the first Holy Roman Emperor
- in 1066 William the Conqueror was crowned King of England
- 1776 George Washington crosses the Delaware river for a surprise Christmas attack on a Hessian force.
- President Andrew Johnson pardoned all those involved in the southern rebellion in 1868
- Russian invades Afghanistan in 1979
- 1991 Mikhail Gorbachev announces the dissolution of the Soviet Union
Have a Merry Christmas and if you don’t celebrate Christmas, have a nice day, there’s no need for you to be sour.
Posted on December 25, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged andrew johnson, charlemage, christmas, december 25, England, george washington, holy roman emperor, holy roman empire, merry christmas, mikhail gorbachev, pardon, soviet union, william the conquerer. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.